Want to take a winter course??
Submit our Winter Session 2022 Interest Form!
Dawg Days: Bridge offers a winter bridge program at UMBC that strives to provide new students a chance to understand college academics, explore campus resources, engage in self-discovery, and connect to the UMBC and surrounding community. Through this program students will interact with other incoming students as well as campus faculty/staff.
Components of the Program
Academic Coursework & Support Services
- Students will enroll in a winter course (3-4 credits)
- Students will participate in mandatory weekly virtual workshops to get connected to UMBC resources and offices
- Online tutoring sessions will be offered to help students work on papers, study, complete homework, and prepare for exams
- Online drop-in office hours will be available with Dawg Days: Bridge staff
Academic Transition Course
- Students should plan to participate in an Introduction to an Honors University Seminar (IHU), a First-Year Seminar (FYS), or a Transfer Seminar (TRS) during their first full semester at UMBC