Dawg Days: Jumpstart Summer Bridge 2024 application is open:
Dawg Days: Jumpstart Summer Bridge is a summer program at UMBC that strives to provide new first year students a chance to understand college academics, explore campus resources, engage in self-discovery, and connect to the UMBC and surrounding community. Through this program, students will interact with other incoming first years as well as campus faculty/staff.
Components of the Program
Academic Coursework & Support Services
- Students take a UMBC Math, English, and/or General Education course
- Participate in mandatory weekly workshops to get connected to UMBC resources and offices
- Classes will take place Monday through Thursday for the duration of the program
- Tutoring sessions will be offered to help students work on papers, study, complete homework, and prepare for exams
- Drop-in office hours will be available with Dawg Days: Summer Bridge Staff
- Social events to connect with fellow classmates and build a community at UMBC.
- Other activities in and around Baltimore to learn more about the greater UMBC Community.
Freshman Introduction to the University (UNIV101)
- All students participate in an UNIV101 – Introduction to the University Seminar (2-credits) during the fall semester to introduce them to campus resources and college success strategies