Dawg Days: Jumpstart Summer Bridge is a summer program at UMBC that strives to provide new first year students a chance to understand college academics, explore campus resources, engage in self-discovery, and connect to the UMBC and surrounding community. Through this program, students will interact with other incoming first years as well as campus faculty/staff.
Components of the Program
Academic Coursework & Support Services
- Students have the option to take a Math, English, and/or General Education course
- All students participate in mandatory weekly workshops to get connected to UMBC resources and offices
- Classes will take place Monday through Thursday for the duration of the program
- Tutoring sessions will be offered to help students work on papers, study, complete homework, and prepare for exams
- Drop-in office hours will be available with Dawg Days: Summer Bridge Staff
- Social events to connect with fellow classmates and build a community at UMBC.
- Other activites in and around Baltimore to learn more about the greater UMBC Community.
- All students participate in an Introduction to an Honors University course (1-credit) during the fall semester to introduce them to campus resources and college success strategies